How can I get my jewelry back from husband after he has left me?

Married in Jan 2017 and since then had issues and later from May 2017 was under medical help for severe depression and suicide attempt. In Aug 2017 my husband left me in rented house and since then he has not returned and not recieving calls. Now i asked him over mail to return my jewellery and other stuff but he says i took it away with me and gave it to my father ...while the truth is it was his mother who took away all the jewellery from me on the very next day of marriage . Please advice how can i get it back or how to prove that he has it ...

Answers (3)

60 votes

For getting your jewellery from your husband you may gave a criminal complaint under section 406 ipc to police against your husband ,if police don’t take action against your husband then you filed a criminal complaint against your husband in district court and for more inquiry you may contact on my phone

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

128 votes

Your husband doing cruelty with you u/s 498A,and regarding ur jewellery it's also a crime u/ best advice to u is first of all move an application to ur nearest police station regarding the same.tkcr

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
68 votes

In our country, a married woman has all rights to keep her belongings or gifts, given by her parents, with her being her istridhan. Moreover you have a right to live with your husband with the same status your husband is living with. So for your query, you can file a complaint in police station or in court stating the facts or problems you are suffering from. For proof you can show the mails received by you but for that you have to prove the authenticity of those mails first.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."