Hitting And Verbal Abuse By Husband

I got arranged marriage in may 2018 in a Buddhist joint family & have 6 months old daughter. My husband lives in Pune & working in reputed firm of India as a team lead.Within few days after marriage he started doubting on my character but later i got pregnant n i thought our child will change his behaviour.he always treat me lovingly in front of his n mine family but when we were alone he always sat alligation on me.After delivery in April 2019 his behaviour changed. He had too much anger on my mom, brother n sister. After 3 months my fatherinlaw had heart attack and i had to go there. When i was living at my maternal home he always call but visited only once.He always say that I don't want child n you.on 28 sep 2019 he slapped me unknowingly while working in kichen in front of his family by hearing record of my mom phone call.i left his home on 30th n now trying to talk with him but he blocked my numbers neither his family attending my call nor him. pls suggest me what to do

Answers (3)

191 votes


In this case you can proceed to file restitution petition before the family court

you can also sought protection under domestic violence act in your matrimonial home. you can also claim maintenance for you and your child while court procedures are pending

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

335 votes

You did not mention where do you stay and now what do you want?
But still a girl can file 498A case against husband and inlaws and also domestic violence. You can also file restitution of conjugal rights and call your husband to stay with you and perform his liabilities towards your daughter and you.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
294 votes

Respected sir /madam

kindly provide the more details of you matter as to enable me to guide you on. right way you can share me all details on my WhatsApp number which is available on my profile so please check my profile and contact me on my WhatsApp . thanks.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."