Legal Heir Certificate

My father0n-law passed away on 02 Aug 15. Death Certificate has been obtained. His legal heir i.e his wife (my mother-in-law) is there. Income tax return is to be filed for the deceased. It is understood that a Legal Heir Certificate is required for the IT Return to be filed on his behalf. We are residing at Greater Kailash Part 1, New Delhi, in our own house. Kindly advice how should we go about getting a valid Legal Heir Certificate.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. A Legal Heir Certificate is issued by the concerned SDM office. Certain documents like Death Certificate, Affidavit, Id proof are required to be submitted along with the application request. You should get in touch with a documentation expert to have the same applied for.