Clarification on making relinquishment deed in favour of brother

I have a joint property, which is registered under my name, my father and my brother's name. Even there was a home loan sanctioned in all the names. We have closed the loan recently and now myself and my father want to release our shares to my brother and only my brother should be the sole owner. 1. Should the deed be registered and how much it cost ? 2. Is there any compensation to be paid compulsorily from my brother to me and my father although we are not seeking for it? 3. What are the implications to make it a legal document so that it can be produced in court as a proof that the property now belongs to only my brother and nobody else has any rights over it? Kindly advice.

Hello, yes your father and yourself can relinquish your rights over the property by executing relinquishment deed. Registration of the deed is cumpolsory. With regard to the compensation or monetary issues it is upto you and your father to seek compensation in terms of money.

You and your father can release your rights in favour of your brother OR
You may gift the same to him
In both events the document should be registered
Since it is between father son and brother the stamp duty will be nominal when compared to the regular charrges

Shaniwar Peth, Pune