Wife Hid Her past before marriage

I got married on Dec 2016 as per Hindu traditions with a girl I knew since May 2016. She lied about her past relationships as well as sexual history.I was honest about every relationship of mine but she successfully hid everything as I was abroad and had no source to confirm. Recently, I found her whatsapp backup on her mobile and looks like she has been sexually active with all of her 3 4 boyfriends. I don't have any issue with the past if it was a loving relationship. Every has a past these days and these things were just fine with me. However what confounds me is the fact that she was a f*ck friend/mistress with a guy and she knew right from the day one that he is getting married. Even after his marriage they would meet only for the act. Even though it all happened before my marriage, I am feeling cheated and thinking I was lured into this relationship. For me it looks like a severe character flaw with that girl. Please let me know what all options are open for me.

Answers (2)

You can file a petition before the Family Court for seeking divorce on the ground of cruelty. Apart from other grounds, you may plead that the conduct of your wife has caused mental cruelty to you. However, such a petition would take years to dispose whereafter aggrieved/losing party can file an appeal, which again would take a long time for disposal. Thus, if possible, try to make your wife agree for both of you filing a joint petition for divorce by mutual consent. That would take just 6 months (or even lesser) to conclude.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello dear,
It's better to discuss over the call because it is the matter of sexual harassment and misconduct so we should discuss the details over the call..

Thanks and regards
Adv Pradeep Saxena
Supreme Court Of India

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Related Articles

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

We are married on December 2017 and now i want divorce from her because she had deep relationship with her boyfriend before married and I did not know…

Read More

My wife and her parents are falsly blaming me for physically abusing/beating her and my extra marital affair with one of my female friend. While these…

Read More

My husband has domestically abused me and my children and has also indulged in an extra marital affair, as proof, we have a bundle of love letter sent…

Read More

I got married in May2015 in Jaipur. Soon after marriage, troubles started b/w me & MIL. Initially my husband supported me, but later he also went …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue