Wife deny for second motion of mutual divorce

Hello Sir. (Hindu) , I got my First motion signed by my wife on 23/9/2017 now my second motion is on 22/3/2018 .(We are separate since 2011) I have paid first installment (25% of the total amount) , second installment(25% again) is on the day she will sign the second Motion and last and the 50% amount of the total she will get when she will help me to quash the F.I.R. Now my worry is that ,what if she deny for second motion , how i will get my money back , how many cases i can file against her and which sections we can put on her. What about the old cases (125, D.V,498A , Divorce case which i have filed on 14/4/2014 , was in the last phase , some other small cases to fetch the money from me.), she agreed to called of all the cases and my divorce case is called of by the Judge. I hope i have mentioned all the necessary information to get to know my situation. Please help. Thanks and regards.

Answers (3)

243 votes

In a Divorce by mutual consent, both the parties have the freedom to withdraw their consent as the consent cannot be taken by coercion.However, If you and your wife had entered into a settlement agreement while filing the divorce by mutual consent whereby the In mutual consent divorce petition there is no exparte order is delivered by the court.The court is bound under such circumstances not to grant a decree of divorce. After the dismissal of mutual divorce petition either party can file divorce under the ground of cruelty or other grounds for getting divorce under HMA act.or any other grounds like cruelty; desertion; voluntary sexual inter-course with another person; the other spouse being of unsound mind; conversion of religion by the other spouse; Leprosy; venereal disease; a spouse having renounced the world or being missing for a period of more than 7 years.
If you are not appearing before the court on the date of second motion, the court may give one more chance by posting it to another date and if still fail to appear on the second date too, then the court may decide to dismiss the petition
If acting on the settlement you have made any payment, you can file a complaint for cheating on your wife.

Alternately, the remedy available to you is to file a Divorce petition under any of the grounds mentioned under Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. This would be a contested petition and may take a much longer period for you to get Divorced as compared to your current petition under Mutual grounds wherein the time taken is 6 months under normal circumstances and 18 months under other circumstances related to your case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

140 votes

Hello! Before proceeding would like to correct you here that I am not a "Sir" but "Ma'am" . Moving ahead with your query, I shall answer your question step wise;
1. Do not worry about the money part as, in case you need to pay her any money as per the Court order in any other case , the amount that you have already paid shall be set off against the remaining. Having said that, the mutual divorce will attain its finality in your case only after rest all cases have been quashed against you , as that must have been one of the terms of your mutual consent.
2. In case she withdraws the second motion then, you may go ahead with your contested divorce and rest all the cases will proceed accordingly(if not quashed until then) , since the reason behind the agreement on quashing of other complaints/FIR and the disposal of your Contested Divorce was subject to the "Terms and conditions agreed upon" in your mutual divorce petition and if that becomes infructuous then so does the consequential agreements.
3. You may carry on with your divorce petition if your mutual fails , and if that has been disposed off due to the mutual having been filed , then you may file your divorce afresh on one of the grounds amongst many others.
4. Also there are other legal remedies but that shall depend upon the facts and circumstances of your case.
For any further query you may contact me.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
80 votes

U will send a legal notice and file recovery suit or filed quashing before the hon'ble high court against the settlement deed and if the hon'ble high court observes she backout from settlement deed and not signed the 2nd motion the hon'ble high court quashed the F.I.R

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles