How can I get a divorce if I have no money to bear legal expenses?

I am 49 years old house wife. My daudgters are grown-up now.I want to divorce. We were married in 1987 in Varanasi. I don't. have source of income nor ihave any property on my name. Can not bear legal expenses. Do I get help? Ps: We both Hindu.

Answers (3)

66 votes

Age doesn’t matter in divorce. You are entitled for maintenance and that will help you fight your case . Further legal expenses will be borne by your husband. I can help you , provided you are in delhi. Please contact for assistance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

268 votes

There are seven ground for the divorce and you have to justify the proper ground on which you are seeking divorce. You can visit our office for free consultation for the best appropriate solution as per your case.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
170 votes

I understand your problem. Yes, You can take divorce at any time and don't think about the source of income as you and your daughter(unmarried) are entitle to maintenance as per section 125 of CRPC, under domestic violence act and Hindu marriage act.
don't think about legal expenses as those who can't afford the fees of lawyer, can make an application in legal Aid office.
and the office will appoint any panel lawyer at free of cost.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles