Remedy as husband has filed divorce case but wife don't want divorce

my husband has filed divorced against adultry section but i dont want to give divotce to him 3 years has been complete of marriage i dont have any child now i am a working women 2 years back my husband has a doubt that i had a extra marrital affairs but it was not like that we where a good freind and also i visited one time with him out of delhi on his birthday .. as my husband was also out of delhi so i was alone so went with my freind .. but against thsi my inlaws and my husband started torchering me i called police n everything was sorted .. after 2 years my husband has left home one day suddenly by stating in aletter that what you have done before because of that i dont want to leave with you.. his number was also not contactable when i called his parents they said taht we have filed divorced case aginst you from 2 years but i am not aware of that at all .. what to do i dont want to give divorce please help ..

Answers (3)

If you use discovery correctly, you can find out what arguments the other party intends to use at trial and prepare a better defense. The discovery process can be time-consuming, expensive and, at times frustrating. It may be the only means you have of obtaining information you will need that is admissible in court. That makes the process worth the effort.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear client,.
First let me know that which kind of petition is pending now, like sec 13 (divorce)or sec 13 B divorce by metual consent).
*In case* if your proceeding for divorce is running under section 13 B , then without your consent the divorce is not possible.
*In case* under section 13 of hindu marriage act, give the statement before the court that you don't want divorce , and want to live with your husband.
Akash Sharma Advocate High Court Allahabad

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Information given by you is not complete. Has your husband madd your friend the party in the Divorce petition. Does he has any prove of evidence to prove that you cheated on him? Without proving his allegations ,he can't get Divorce..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am a central Govt employee, widower, having 05 yrs old daughter. For her I got married with an widow with a daughter of age 15 years on June 14. In …

Read More

I am married just a month back and i don't want to go back to my in laws. What can i do about it?…

Read More

Got married approx 2 yrs.Husband and inlaws lied.husband does not want to work and is highly grass addict.Inlaws misbehaved so i was forced to come ba…

Read More

marriage took place in bangalore. now it is exactly 4.6 years of marriage. My husband is a secretive man , does not disclose anything about business o…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue