Procedure to withdraw divorce proceeding filed by husband.

My husband applied divorce by showing my FB chats before and after marriage. In petition 3names are mentioned. I admitted my mistake and my parents wrote letter back saying we won't repeat. From that day I haven't used any social networking sites. But now again because of in-laws he filed divorce even though I don't called or chatted. How can I stop divorce

Answers (3)

Contents of Facebook chats are not valid grounds for divorce.
Grounds for filing divorce are cruelty, harassment, impotency etc.
Go ahead and file a counter in DIvorce case, denying the allegations.
Also go ahead and claim maintenance either u/s 125 Cr.P.C and also file a domestic violence case against your husband and in laws.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

a petition for divorce can filed on the ground either cruelty or desertion. a mere chats in social media cannot attract cruelty, if you have both are living together he cannot file divorce. even if it is filed ... Divorce wont be granted if you are interested in leading the marital life with your husband

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

You can file restitution of conjugal rights and say the judge that you are not agreeable for divorce as you have admitted your mistake and now you will not repeat and want to continue to be in your matrimonial house. You should appear in court and file petition and prove that your innocent and would like to continue staying with your husband.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

in divorce case if wife is not present in the court then how many days court given decree to husband favour…

Read More

can a married woman leaves her husband to stay with before marriage lover....without filing divorce. Is this possible? Religion- Hindu…

Read More

How can I divorce with wife, After marriage she spent only one year with my family & me, I have no any children, I was married in may 2012.…

Read More

If a marriage is approx 2 year old and divorce is by mutual consent, how long will it take to get the divorce and also we don’t want to stay togethe…

Read More