Husband claim alimony from wife in mutual divorce as wife is working

i have complete one year. I'm leaving with my parent since 5 month, my husband never provided me the money for my expenses due to that currently i'm working. 1. can my husband ask alimony from me as I m working as we are thinking of mutual divorce?? 2. Can I ask for alimony than also if i work from my husband??

Answers (3)

101 votes

if you both are thinking of divorce by mutual consent then the choice will be yours in respect of alimony your husnband cannot claim alimony from you but you can claim Permanent alimony from him if you wish then.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

316 votes

By law it's not mutual consent means both are party agree by mutual application.and husband is working so court never grant alimony. You also demand alimony for filed dv case demand to maintenance ofter maintenance grant then you filed divorce cased and demand your according granted by court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
207 votes

First of all don't discuss family issues with any body, different people gives you difference opinion which confuse the person, better you consult to nearest Advocate. Your question's shows you are confused. In fact Alimony is your right. You have to ask for compensation, maintenance and expenses incurred for marriage, your all belongings, gift article received at time of marriage and so on. Even before you negotiate the Terms of Mutual Divorce you first consult to lawyer otherwise you will be cheated. You are unaware of your own rights.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles