Defamation case against husband what to do

My husband is working in IT. And I'm house wife wit 3 yrs old kid. He always insist me to ask money, asset, rent amount from my parents n he troucher me sexually and he as spoke sexually and showed some video to my elder sister. Bcoz of all attitude I took some close photos wit my neighbour. Those pics was in my gmail drive. He as opened my account when I was not wit him with out my permission and downloaded all the pics and he thrend me wit those photos that he ll show all those Photo to family members and finally he showed all the photos to my family side n his friends. Now I need to file a divorce against him. PlS help me out

Answers (4)

126 votes

you don't want to live with your husband because he was troucher and showed your photos to your family members you have to right to file divorce case against him to mental cruelty. And you also have to right to claim maintenance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

155 votes

defamation is not applicable in this case. the person has to file divorce under cruelty ground only. the bigamy is also possible in this case. the criminal case is only the final way to get divorce. the dvc may be filed

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
169 votes

You can file a case for cruelty and harassment. Also he has harassed you for dowry, you can file complaints under 498A IPC as well as under Dowry Prohibition Act. You will have to explain the different types of tortures which you underwent under your husband. You will have to take proper legal guidance to proceed further in the matter. You may contact me for further assistance and advice.

247 votes

Yes you can file divorce as well as dowry harrassment and domestic violence against your husband. And also you can ask for maintenance for you and your kid. You can also file police complaint regarding the harrassment he caused you. You can also ask them to arrest him..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles