quesArranged marriage done. Want to get divorce. How to do?

I just got married few months ago, it was an arranged marriage. There was no dowry demands. I feel incompatible with the girl and nor have we had conjugal relations, though we live together. What are the procedure for divorce? I have been told that in arranged marriages going through a divorce, the girl's family can file a dowry harassment case. Can you draw for me the implications of going for a divorce which is contested and what other provisions can be used to harass?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansVisit a marriage counselor to resolve your disputes if any. You cant file for divorce unless you have been married for a year except in exceptional circumstances. The facts mentioned by you don't constitute any reason for divorce. No case of mental cruelty is made out.

      You entered into a arranged marriage on your own accord. In the event you file for divorce in reply your wife may take the plea that you are impotent . She may file complaint under Domestic Violence act to seek maintenance, right to stay in matrimonial home.

      She may also file complaint under section 498A. You would need to obtain Anticipatory Bail in case FIR is lodged .

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    What is the procedure to get maintenance cost for children from husband if the wife…
    I got married in 2010.. And am a mother of 1 year old girl child..…

    Plz assist me Actually my problem is Dat I can't live with my in laws..…

    I am from j&k and married at jalandhar Punjab. Now I file sec 9 case…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    View all >>