Parents forcing minor girl of 15 years to get married

I’m from a Muslim family , I’m still 15 and my parents have forcefully gotten me engaged they will get me married at the age of 18 so that it’s legal but they are forcing me to do it it’s not completely a forced marriage as the guy is comfortable w it the only issue is that I’m not, I tried making them understand but all they said is that we don’t care it will happen. Is there any legal action that I can take, I wanna live separately cause I can’t bear their pressure anymore

Answers (2)

204 votes

Yes, you do make complaint to police regarding the same and police officer act as mediator and try to resolve your grivances further you can approach women NGOs.
You can separate from your parents by your own will, if they do agree you can lodge FIR against them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

yes you can file a police complaint in police station against your parent on the ground that they are forcing you to marriage. even though you are minor or major they are not allow to force their child in marriage it is illegal in court of law. Forcing minor in marriage is crime under IPC.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles