is sex chat illegal can i be arrested

A girl texted she wants to have sex in an online chat site. When I replied she asked me to come to a place. I asked if she was charging and asked her size. She replied me her size. I asked her to text a pic and also rate. Then she said she was police and traced my ip address and gonna arrest me. What should I do..?

Approach Cyber crime branch of police and file a police complaint giving all the details.After investigation if police find the caller has been cheating , they will take action against the caller and all concerned.

Hi, Sex chat is illegal in india as per IT act. You may be convicted under the same after the set of legal process. It is the act by set of people over WWW ( they could be from cyber crime department, hackers .. etc.,). In your case, they are able to trace you using the IP address(they must be already having your personal details hacked from your PC using trojans,antiviruses,malware .... etc), So, it does mean they could be detectives but unless i discuss with you i would not able to understand their intention.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli