what happens when a non cognizable offence is filed

Dear Sir, I understand that in the state of Maharashtra a complaint filed under section 504 & 506 is treated as a non cognizable and bailable offence and police can investigate the matter only after complainant gets an order / permission from a magistrate. Pl. let me know 1) is there a time limit in terms of number of days e.g. 60 days or 90 days or more days (from the date of registration of complaint with the Police station) within which the complainant has to get order / permission from the magistrate after which police can proceed with the investigation. 2) what happens to the complaint i.e. does the police close the NC complaint and the accused goes scot free if the complainant is unable to get the order / permission from the magistrate for some reason. Thanks

Answers (1)

277 votes

Dear in response to your query I would like to say there is no time limit for investigation of non cognizable and also yes police can close the case and if youare aggrieved by the same you have remedies availableunder law

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles