Procedure to file case for spoiling the modesty of women

01-Nov-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Hi Sir, I want to know how to file a case against a person who is spoiling modesty of a women . Under IPC SECTION 503 and 509 accussed person will be punished with imprisonment of one year but that accussed is giving us life threats as well . I want him to be jailed for more than a year please let me know your view . Also sir if possible please let me know the steps i need to take for initiating this process.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
624 votes
Ouraging modesty of a woman is a cognizable offence u/s 354 of IPC. Section 504 is non-cognizable where, the police only takes down the complaint and directs you to go to the court for filing a private criminal case. The section, though N. C. provides for 2 years punishment. Section 509 also provides for 3 years r.I. This is cognizable section.
So, the victim woman should go to the police and lodge her complaint accordingly. This process is so simple !

Answer #2
671 votes
If you want to file case related to outraging the modesty of a woman please read Section 354, 354a, 354 b, 354c, 354d. If accused is threatening you in that case you shall lodge a complaint with the police station where jurisdiction lies.
Answer #3
615 votes
Yes the person can be held liable in respective offensive act As follows :
1. For out raging women's modesty person can be held liable.
2. MAKE AN ANOTHER ADDITIONAL REPORT TO NEAREST police station for threat to life can be cause such person before making deadliest attacks on you..
3. If seems neglected then higher official can take action on it on reporting or complaint to court of law.
4. You can also contact women organisation for help.
5.with advocate if it makes a case with valid proofs before the court of law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."