Time limit for filing charge sheet under Section 420 IPC

In a case u/s.420, what is the time limit for filing charge sheet

Answer

U/s 167 (2) Crpc, the time limit is prescribed for filing the charge sheet

1. Ninety-days, where the investigation relates to an offense punishable with death, imprisonment for life or imprisonment or imprisonment for a term of not less than ten years.
  2. Sixty days, where the investigation relates to any other offense

Therefore in your case the time limit is SIXTY DAYS if there is only section 420 ( Being the imprisonment in this section is 7 years and fine).