Removal of one name in fir.

Fir was filed against 3 people by complaint re a property dispute. Complainant now wants to remove one name in fir. is it possible. The property dispute has been resolved and registry done. Complainant does not want to remove 2 names due to mental agony he faced. What is the procedure for removing onr name only.

Answers (3)

242 votes

Since property dispute has been resolved, accused may approach concerned High court, for quashing FIR against them under 482 CrPC.

In case as complainant you want to get one name deleted that is not permissible as per law, as every criminal case is state case, with complainant being informant only, while the criminal offence is against the state. At best as complainant you may turn hostile during evidence, though it may have its own repercussions.

In case you may have more questions you may contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

346 votes

Dear Client,

yours is a incomplete query,

anyways, you cannot remove one name, however, during evidence you can submit evidence/statement in his favour. but such statement can also favour other two. rest depends upon your complaint and facts of the case.

better to call for further clarification with complete detail.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
262 votes

The only option you have is, Have a talk with the investigation officer and have your and your witnesses statement recorded under section 161 Cr.PC in a manner so that there is ambiguity about the role of the person you want to remove from the complaint, in the commission of the offence or have these statements recorded in a manner so that no offence is made out against that person. The I.O can only do the job for you if you take him in confidence.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles