How to withdraw a police complaint

How can a person withdraw his police complaint without going to the police station. Its just a normal complaint, fir is not registered.

Helo Sir,
First of all kindly mention what type of complaint it was, means it was filed against which offence. However, You may call the concerned police official at your place, and may give in writing that you do not want to proceed further, and no further action may be taken.
Secondly, you may sit idle as no fir has been registered and may intimate the concerned IO (police officer) even on telephone that you do not want to proceed further. So no action may be taken in that regard.

Yes you can write to the Police that you do not wish to pursue the complaint any further and FIR may not be registered. However, it is still the domain of the investigating agency and they may register the FIR if the offence is henious / serious.

Sir in your situation if the offence is not heinous ane is a minor offence complained of you may file a written request seeking withdrawal of the complaint not wanting to pursue the matter or as having been compromised between the parties