Domestic violence by husband even after lodging a police complaint

I,my sisters and mainly my mother are victim of domestic violence from last 21 years.Last year we took help from police but it was of no use it worsen the situation police simply made us shift temporarily to my aunt house and on my fathers request we came back but again within few days he started torturing us mentally by abusing or treating us.I want to end this torture.Kindly help me as situation is becoming worse day by day and we are not safe here.We cant go to anybody house because of my father he made us break all ties with others.

Answers (3)

169 votes

the best way to react on this is by filing a police complaint first and then persuing the case under section 498-A IPC along with section 12 of Domestic Violence Act.
Also there are other relevant provisions by which your father would be punished accordingly under the IPC however in case you are above 18 years of age and relatively earning i suggest you to take a separate accommodation and then file the above said cases

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

191 votes

Firstly lodged a complaint before the concerned Polive station and after that filed domestic violence case against your father and from the court you can get protection as well as maintenance from your father

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
284 votes

If your father is not mending his way and keeps on harassing all of you then simply if your mother is ready she can file for divorce on ground of cruelty and then ask for maintenance from your father and if you and your sister is minors he also has to give money for your maintenance and if you are major then also you can take share from your father's property. So just decide among your self first and then meet a lawyer.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

On 29aug2017, my neighbour suddenly assaulted me by flinging a tray. My eye was babdly hurt. After which I filed an NC. She had to sign a bond under s…

Read More

Our case has already gone to FIR but in that FIR there was not mention the name of the person ,who has attack with wood and steel at my father and my …

Read More

Sir the previous day my cousin and there family quarrelled us for old land dispute on which they have already filed a case in civil court and pending …

Read More

A False Dishonest Fir U/S 294(B), 324 5-5(1) Has Been Filed Without Any Prima Facie Evidence. The Complainant, A Building Mestry Has Stated That Mysel…

Read More