Death due to electric shock and section 304a

11-Aug-2023 (In Criminal Law)
A person was hired for electric work at my home and he died of electric shock,due to his negligence. Police has not filed FIR and they are asking to settle. If not, they would file a 304a on us. What are possible options for us? Is it possible for victim's family to blame us when it was victim's mistake and negligence?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
835 votes
You won't have to worry as he was expert in the electric work and not you as you had no intention to attract section 304A of IPC. But if police file FIR contact me for anticipatory bail to avoid arrest and if necessary we will file a discharge application.
Answer #2
560 votes
Dear Sir,
Whenever a person dies under such circumstances normally police will register FIR for the offence punishable under Section 304A of IPC...In many cases police may not establish its cases in such offences but the house owner has to make rounds to the Criminal Court for about 2 to 3 years...It is better to settle the matter by paying a reasonable compensation to the legal heirs of deceased...
Answer #3
786 votes
You will have to describe the circumstances under which death occurred. As you state that there was no negligence from your side and it was the negligence of the deceased that caused his death has to be proved.
Let me know the details so that I could advise you accordingly

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."