Can I sue my boyfriend for breaking up with me

Hi this is a girl who was cheated by boyfriend.we are in a relationship for more than three years, 1st we both were working in chennai after that he left for Bangalore as he got New job, later we continued to speak in phone and after one year we were in a physical relationship also....Recently he told about the alliance which was seen by his parents, in a frustration I told to go and get marry. The next day he told the marriage is fixed, from then I am crying daily and asking him not to leave me. I made my parents to talk to him, later he told the alliance got cancelled. From one of my friend I came to know that he got engaged and hiding about marriage. I asked about this to him, he is telling that he will try to cancel it and convince there parents.I am very much worried if he get marry without informing me , what to do...? .Please suggest me I am very depressed and I know that I cant live without him...

Answers (3)

245 votes

You go to a nearby women’s police station and register a complaint for cheating and having sexual intercourse with a false promise of marriage. Even then no one can guarantee of marriage but action shall be taken for cheating. Or go in a smooth way, talk to him, remind him of the pleasant memories and try to explain him about the possible hardships after marriage as many marriages have failed after dumping their lovers for no actual reason. If he is still not convinced think if you really want this kinda man in your life as husband and father for your children. Goodluck.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

341 votes

Give a police compliant for rape by giving false assurance of marriage. Do it immediately with the help of lawyers in All women police station and intiate other legal proceedings to Womens commission and collector and other authourites to prevent his marriage. do it immediately.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
240 votes

There is no law to force him to get married to you or to injunct him from getting married as per his choice. For its part of his personal liberty. However if you wish to give criminal complaint against him, then if he had physical relationship with you and you consented for the same on the basis of the promise by him to marry you, you can lodge a complaint for having committed rape on you. However, I would advice you to buy peace and leave him for he does not seem to deserve you. However if he is also earnest about marrying you and fears family objections, you can get married for two consenting adults can always get married.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles