As girl pregnant in relationship & boy getting married to another girl

I was in relationship for 11 years. Now the boy moved on and getting married to another girl. I am in initial period of pregnancy. Is there any solution

Answers (4)

123 votes

Yes you can prosecute him for the false promise of marriage, Now he is the father of the unborn child and he cant denied his obligation towards his child.
Please try to solve the matter before going to court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes


In this situation, yes you can perfectly proceed with a police complaint and also complaint under the sections of cheating. However you will need to tread this with caution as you need to decide whether you want to marry a man who is being forced to marry you. However, I also understand your predicament, since you stated that you were together for 11 years, it would grant you the status and inherit the property of your ex spouse even if you were not legally married. The Supreme Court has granted status to unmarried couples who have resided for a number of years together. However this would be determined according to your age and when you got into the relationship and so forth.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
145 votes

11 years is too long and clearly you have been cheated and exploited by false promises. The guy never had the intention to have a future with you. You can file a case for cheating, rape- by giving false promises and by inducing you to have physical relationship. Let me know if you need further assistance

221 votes

You should file a complaint against him under 190/200 CrPC as he committed to you for marriage due to which you got pregnant and now he is going to marry someone else...................................

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles