Can I Hire My Private Lawyer If I'm The Victim

I've logged an FIR under the section 376,420. They said that the state will give me a lawyer but am I allowed to hire my own lawyer? What are the fees? Is it very costly? What can be the fees range?

Answers (3)

Hi. yes u can engage your private lawyer but you must prefer an application before the concerned authority and regards the same you must get notification from the government and fees will be decided by the government.
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Sir,
It all depends upon the profile of the advocate you chose it may range between Rs.50 k to 5L. Secondly you have to seek permission of the Court to engage private lawyer. You have taken a wise decision.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Dear client

I gone through your quirre regarding your you might not ask about fee of about your case on this platform this is only Free leagal aiad stage you shouldn't curtailed opportunity to you using.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi, A friend of mine got a call asking him to come to the Central Crime Branch Bangalore as his contact was found in some mobile phone. No name of t…

Read More


Read More

Dear sir I am sandeep gupta from agra. I was filled a criminal case against a guy from delhi. He is doing money fraud with alot of persons in india. H…

Read More

My brother was betten by four persons attachment to marder. Victim is in hospital FIR Lonched, police is not arrested criminals from last 20 days pas…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue