Can I file a complaint against builder for refunding my money

I need to file a complaint against builder for neither giving any details of possession nor refund our money back.. and not giving possession

Answers (4)

180 votes

Yes you have the right to file a criminal as well as consumer complaint against the builder for recovery of your amount also you can proceed against him according to RERA act for recovery of your money

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

254 votes

आपकी शिकायत यह है कि बिल्डर जिससे आपने फ्लैट बुक किया है वह आपको possession नहीं दे रहा है और ना ही आपका पैसा वापस कर रहा है ऐसी सूरत में आपको सबसे पहले उस बिल्डर को एक कानूनी नोटिस देनी होगी तत्पश्चात आप उसके विरुद्ध कानूनी प्रक्रिया अपना सकते हैं ।

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
116 votes

if you want file a complaint in consumer court against builder for refunding deposit amount , its your right and you will do it. secondly you report police if they not take any action then you file criminal case in court. choice yours

318 votes

Details given here are not sufficient, the builder is bound by the terms and conditions given in the builder buyer agreement or allotment letter. If he has not delivered the possession of the said property within the time promised by him you are entitled to file a case either for recovery of paid amount do far or for possession..Regards team lawyer mitra

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles