Withdrawal of job offer due to misleading information by contestant

Sir, I applied for a central government job at GP 7600 (PB3), where the requirement was 5 years exp at PB3 5400) grade pay. Previously I worked in another Central Govt office, where the review promotion from GP 4600 to GP 5400 (PB3) could not conducted due to administrative reason.I was shortlisted for the promotion.So as a result I had experience of 3.5 years at Rs5400 as of last date of application. I clarified the matter to the concerned when they ask through email. Fortunately I got selected for the said post. Now they withdraw the offer letter on the basis of less experience and misleading information. No where I had hide any information.They Kindly advice whether it is justified.justified.

Answers (1)

118 votes

Dear queriest,
Firstly, mere shortlisting of a candidate at a certain post, without the handing over of appointment letter, does not give you a legal right to the post. However, because you were given the offer letter by the organisation, you can legally contest the revocation of your appointment by fiking a writ petition before the high court of your state under article 226/227 of the constitution of India. please note that your challenge would be based on your qualifaction fulfilling the terms of the advertisement by the organisation, calling for the vacant posts in question.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles