Regarding street vendors act 2014

Street vendors 2014 repeal clause and saving clause?

Answers (2)

333 votes

What exactly do u want this? u can get it from the internet . If u have any specific legal issue then u can ask in this forum.What exactly do u want this? u can get it from the internet . If u have any specific legal issue then u can ask in this forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

Town Vending Committee will be responsible for conducting of survey of all the vendors under its jurisdiction, and such survey must be conducted every five years. No street vendor will be evicted until such survey has been made and a certificate of vending has been issued.
All street vendors will be accommodated in a designated vending zone. In case, all the vendors cannot be accommodated in the same vending zone, allocation of space will be made by drawing of lots. However, those who fail to get space in the same vending zone, will be accommodated in adjoining vending zones.
All street vendors above fourteen years of age will be granted a certificate of vending. However, such certificates will be granted only if the person gives an undertaking that he will carry out his business by himself or through the help of his family members, he has no other means of livelihood and he will not transfer the certificate. However, the certificate can be transferred to one of his family member if such vendor dies or suffers from permanent disability.
The certificate may be cancelled if the vendor breaches the conditions of the certificate.
No vendor will be allowed to carry out vending activities in no-vending zones.
In case of declaration of a specified area as a no-vending zone, the vendors will be relocated to another area. However, such street vendors must be given a notice of at least 30 days for relocation. Vendors who fail to vacate such space after a notice has been given, will have to pay a penalty which may extend up to two hundred fifty rupees per day.
The local authority may physically remove the vendor and make seizure of goods of such vendors who have not relocated to the vending zones.
There shall be a dispute resolution body consisting of a Chairperson who has been a civil judge or a judicial magistrate and two other professionals as prescribed by the appropriate government.
There will be a Town Vending Committee in each zone or ward of the local authority.
A vendor who vends without a certificate of vending or a vendor who contravenes the conditions laid down in the certificate may be penalised with a fine which may extend up to two thousand rupees.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles