×

Property dispute between brothers for not giving share in property

My father died recently. My mother is a nominee in all FDs of post office accounts and properties. My brother has threatened my mother, who is a mental patient and has kept her with him. I am a legal heir and have a legal heir certificate too. When I asked him about sharing property, he kicked me out of the house. Now what should I do for the sharing of the property?

Your right in the property will arise only if it is an ancestral property. If the property is self acquired property of ur late father and if there is no will, then property will be divided equally between you, your mother and your brother. If there is a will, then property will devolve as per the will

According to Indian Judicial system you can not be denied the right to share in your property and we have move an application before judicial forum asking the court to give you your share in the property

Advocate Preeti Joshi
Shaniwar Peth, Pune

As you have blood relations, your right to share in the property accrues form the date of the birth and no one can deny those rights and the kicking you from the house by your brother will not affect your accrued rights and the same can be claimed by filing a civil suit in appropriate court