Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Property dispute between brothers for not giving share in property

My father died recently. My mother is a nominee in all FDs of post office accounts and properties. My brother has threatened my mother, who is a mental patient and has kept her with him. I am a legal heir and have a legal heir certificate too. When I asked him about sharing property, he kicked me out of the house. Now what should I do for the sharing of the property?

Answers (3)

Your right in the property will arise only if it is an ancestral property. If the property is self acquired property of ur late father and if there is no will, then property will be divided equally between you, your mother and your brother. If there is a will, then property will devolve as per the will

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

According to Indian Judicial system you can not be denied the right to share in your property and we have move an application before judicial forum asking the court to give you your share in the property

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

As you have blood relations, your right to share in the property accrues form the date of the birth and no one can deny those rights and the kicking you from the house by your brother will not affect your accrued rights and the same can be claimed by filing a civil suit in appropriate court

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions


Read More

I am a member of a private club that is an association of persons. There is discrimination as me being an associate member am not entitled to vote. Th…

Read More

From the family income a land was bought in name of two elders sons, will the younger brothers get share in it ? When the land was bought father was a…

Read More

One of my friend was caught by traffic police on 28-Aug-2016 for drink and drive case. his DL and Vehicle RC has been taken by traffic police and gave…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue