Procedure to change surname after second marriage

Please guide me with the procedure to change my surname from my ex husbands surname to my maiden surname.

Answers (1)

175 votes

First of all you will have to execute an affidavit mentioning the details and getting it notarized. After that you will have to publish the same in local language daily and another in an English daily. For government employees the same has to be published in gazette too. With this, the process becomes complete and you can send notice regarding the same to your bank and other important institutions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have a plot accessable only one pathway which is 22 feet wide govt land where a false owner claims it's right on the ground that they had paid …

Read More

association people are taking their own decisions without consulting other house owners, they are not intimating their decision to other house owners.…

Read More

Can a higher state Govt.official withhold the salary of his subordinate government emloyee ( junior officer) on the basis of nonperformance/ ipoor wor…

Read More

i taken thump impression from my grand father and he has 2 sons how i can use this stamps.…

Read More