Legal remedy against high rent & electricity charges in the same area

Sir I run a library that is in commercial area.i give higher rent, higher electricity and water charges. But many library running in residential area.they gives very Low rent and electricity water charges. So where to complain for it.

Answers (1)

104 votes

Dear Sir/Ma'am, Thank you for choosing me as your council and i will try to answer your query in most cordial manner. Sale and supply of electricity is strictly regulated by the State Electricity Acts. Sale and supply of electricity other than by government is strictly prohibited and your landlord cant sell the electricity to you above the tariff decided by the government. If you are resident of Delhi then first please check the tariff for residential and commercial purpose at BSES website. if your landlord is charging above the tariff rates, then file a complaint before the BSES authority and then they will take a appropriate steps against your landlord. It is advised to collect few documentary evidence to prove this fact e.g. Agreement in which he had mentioned that he charge higher than tariff rates, and also attach the same with your complaint. You can also file a case for breach of rent contract, if he is charging above the rate mentioned in the contract. I hope your query is answered and if i have misunderstood your query then please revert back.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles