Legal remedy against high rent & electricity charges in the same area

Sir I run a library that is in commercial area.i give higher rent, higher electricity and water charges. But many library running in residential area.they gives very Low rent and electricity water charges. So where to complain for it.

Dear Sir/Ma'am, Thank you for choosing me as your council and i will try to answer your query in most cordial manner. Sale and supply of electricity is strictly regulated by the State Electricity Acts. Sale and supply of electricity other than by government is strictly prohibited and your landlord cant sell the electricity to you above the tariff decided by the government. If you are resident of Delhi then first please check the tariff for residential and commercial purpose at BSES website. if your landlord is charging above the tariff rates, then file a complaint before the BSES authority and then they will take a appropriate steps against your landlord. It is advised to collect few documentary evidence to prove this fact e.g. Agreement in which he had mentioned that he charge higher than tariff rates, and also attach the same with your complaint. You can also file a case for breach of rent contract, if he is charging above the rate mentioned in the contract. I hope your query is answered and if i have misunderstood your query then please revert back.

Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi