Can lawyer be changed when case is still going on in J &K

A Civil Case in Trial Court(sub_judge) is in progress. The respondents have submitted their arguments in form of Affidavits. In their affidavit they highlight few points like i) My land is the only passage to their house. ii) That the peice of land is recorded as Gair Mumkin raasta in revenue records I had installed an Iron Gate at the entry point of this land, which the local municipal body demolished on the request of the respondents. Currently they are being asked verbal questions in front of Sub Judge, which is being recorded. I am plaintiff. Now that I feel that my lawyer is asking vague questions, I have following queries. 1. If I hire some new lawyer, can he be allowed to ask questions to those respondents, whose statements have already been registered / recorded ? How advisable is this ? 2. On what parameters, should I judge if my current lawyer is asking appropriate questions ? Regards

Answers (2)

348 votes

You can change nos. of lawyers in your case. There is no bar in engaging a new counsel but new lawyer cannot cross examine the witness against without the permission of court. For that he has to file application in court for re examine the witness. You can judge it by read out the case and the issues framed in case and judge whether the issues framed are proved on your side in cross examination or not.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

185 votes

No doubt you have every right to engage an Advocate of your choice. Without going through the cross questions it would not be appropriate to comment upon questioning pattern being adopted as what line of action is to be adopted may vary and depends on various factors, so no comment on that. Regarding recalling of witnesses for cross examination on the ground of change of Advocate that seems very rare chances.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles