Can lawyer be changed when case is still going on in J &K

A Civil Case in Trial Court(sub_judge) is in progress. The respondents have submitted their arguments in form of Affidavits. In their affidavit they highlight few points like i) My land is the only passage to their house. ii) That the peice of land is recorded as Gair Mumkin raasta in revenue records I had installed an Iron Gate at the entry point of this land, which the local municipal body demolished on the request of the respondents. Currently they are being asked verbal questions in front of Sub Judge, which is being recorded. I am plaintiff. Now that I feel that my lawyer is asking vague questions, I have following queries. 1. If I hire some new lawyer, can he be allowed to ask questions to those respondents, whose statements have already been registered / recorded ? How advisable is this ? 2. On what parameters, should I judge if my current lawyer is asking appropriate questions ? Regards

Mr.
You can change nos. of lawyers in your case. There is no bar in engaging a new counsel but new lawyer cannot cross examine the witness against without the permission of court. For that he has to file application in court for re examine the witness. You can judge it by read out the case and the issues framed in case and judge whether the issues framed are proved on your side in cross examination or not.

No doubt you have every right to engage an Advocate of your choice. Without going through the cross questions it would not be appropriate to comment upon questioning pattern being adopted as what line of action is to be adopted may vary and depends on various factors, so no comment on that. Regarding recalling of witnesses for cross examination on the ground of change of Advocate that seems very rare chances.

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow