How to obtain the child custody paper

In Child Custody Law
What is child custody paper? I need this paper for some official work.. I'm divorced and our daughter has joint custody of both the parents Where do I get this so called custody paper/ document? I'm out of Delhi so my phone is off. Kindly contact through e.mail Regards Sheetal

Answers (4)

189 votes

if the cocnerned court passed an ordrer for joint custody then the decree is sufficient, or you are made a general agreement according to court decree or child custody deed also. if you want the more detail then contact me at my mobile or e.mail or at my office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

131 votes

As per your query stated, the facts are not clearly mentioned.
If you are divorced then, at the time of your divorce decree was passed, every issue regarding custody of child would have been discussed and accordingly child custody papers would have been handed over to you or your husband.
If not, then it has to be applied. For further details, please contact.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
197 votes

You have not clarified how you got joint custody of the daughter. Further it is not clear if it was divorce by way of mutual or it was contested divorce. I presume that in neither case, it is clear about custody of the daughter.
So petition for custody of child can be filed in the family court. The judgment of the court in such petition, may be called child custody paper. Thanks

129 votes

Dear queriest,

The custody terms would be mentioned in the settlement deed entered into between you and your wife or in the divorce that was granted by the court. In case of difficulty please contact a lawyer with the case details and he would help you to find them.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles