How to file for divorce when husband not supporting financially

In Child Custody Law
I don't have any financial support . I am feeling depressed . My husband doesn't likes me . As we are fighting all these days. He has extramarital affairs. What to do regarding the kid. I have 1 year 6 months kid. It's been 4 years.

Answers (3)

231 votes

Hi...if you both are ready for divorce you can file divorce by mutual consent petition and by that you can get divorce within six months anf if your husband is not agreeing for divorce you have to file contested divorce petition and same time you can file petition for maintenance.
Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

190 votes

You can file petition for divorce and claim maintenance from your husbend and claim expanses towards filling charges litigation expanses in the divorce petition .On the various grounds like cruelty desertion and adultery you can file divorce

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
350 votes

I understand the gravity or your situation. Please do not lose heart as there are effective laws to protect your interests. I would suggest you promptly file a DV case for cruelty, emotional harassment and abuse as he is engaged in extra marital affairs. Simultaneously file interim applications for maintenance. You are entitled to seek as much financial maintenance as you are spending towards yourself and your child- this includes money spent towards rent, house upkeep, food and clothing and other necessary expenditure. Once this is filed and the Court passes a favourable interim order your issues will be taken care of to a large extent and then you may decide whether you want to divorce him or not. I hope this was helpful. Please fight your depression and stay positive and strong!

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles