Can father file for custody of child after the period of 12 years

Hi I was married in august-2004,After that my son was born in july2005.After six months, my wife went to her home with my son and refuse to come back and file a case 498-A .After that our division took place in jan 2008.I have not even met my child since april2006.Because my dad did not want that a small child be separated from his mother, so I have not filed any case that time.After that, my second marriage was held in 2010. I have a 5year old daughter and I have gradually convinced my wife for file a case for my son.Can this thing go against me that why I file the case after such a long period aprox 12years.

Answers (3)

Dear client , please note the legal heir of the child is always his father, but in twelve years period you never turned up at him then why morally spoiling the life of your own blood. even your visit or contact may affect the psychology of that you are meeting first-time child due to an excitation try to respect you and disrespect to present father or his mother, try to appear in the shoes of his mother and take proper not hesitate for contact.please rate me on law rato.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

At the present situation first try to know the your sons wish where he want to stay with his mother or with you.
Again it is very important that the stand of your ex wife. On that basis it will help youy to take proper decision.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Yes you can file the application to take custody of your son but before taking the custody you have to prove that your wife is not taking the care of your son and also you have to prove that your wife is not able to take the care of your son so you can file the custody for your child

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I m student. I m pregnant and I wanna give birth to this child. But in future child biological father doesn't claim not that child. Is that possib…

Read More

on 10 November 2016 Dear experts, m mus woman stay in Pune with joint family. My husband visit Vietnam for business since 5 years . The gal who takes …

Read More

My wife is living with another man, they also have a kid together. My wife also has my kid with her. What can I do?…

Read More

Hi sir My neighbour torches us like blocking our path , passing comment ,once he beat my brother on road so we file a case against them then they did …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue