Procedure to send legal notice for the cheque bounce

I want to send notice for Cheque bounce. How t o initiate for this notice? What are the charges for notice and case?? How much time it will take to resolve this case??

Answers (5)

When cheque present in bank and get the memo within 15 days give the notice and after serve the notice and date of serve within 30 days file the suit in a court u/s 138 N.I. Act and suit will be decided within 6 month.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Notice is a requirement for initiating a case for Cheque Bounce. You can send the notice within a month of the date when the cheque is dishonored by the bank through a lawyer.
If the notice is not replied/ payment is not done within 15 days, a case can be initiated.
Usually the cases are settled early but again at the same time it depends on the person who has to make payment. If the case commences ideally, it takes about six months.
Charges depend from lawyer to lawyer.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Cheque bounce cases are very technical in nature, one should always sensitive about the time line. Charges for 138 notice is minimum 2100 rupees plus clerical charges. As far as whole case time period is concerned it may vary court to court and case to case.

You can send yourself also without an advocate but there chances of missing legality. You can get your notice drafted from an advocate and send either yourself or through advocate. Charges and fees depended person to person. Normally such case may be decided within 2 year but one not predict time limit.

Dear sir, we are doing this on a daily basis as i am handling Maṅy cases under negotiable instruments act. Procedure is this that first you have to get that cheque bounced and get yourself a memo issued from
The bank and within one month of that memo issued we have to send a legal notice claiming that amount. Rest you can discuss with lawrato team for my contact details.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

I was issued cheque of Allahabad Bank, Indore payable at PAR. My account is in Axis Bank and Home Branch-Kharghar, Panvel but I am residing at Bandra …

Read More

I resigned from the post and company relieved me at that time. I submitted all the belonging of company. They verbally told them that my bond is waive…

Read More

i given someone 18000/- rs. 2cheque but insufficiaent amount in my account , so i say this person i will given you monthely 10000/-rs , but he say i g…

Read More

I took loan from a person, paid interest until recent but offlate unable to pay now they threaten to put a case on me with an old cheque but with the …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue