Bank filled suit without giving notice to me, what to do ?

There are some Points i want to mention. 1.I have taken education loan in 2013 of Rs. 2lakhs from SBI. 2.The Branch relate my education loan account with my mom account as co-borrower as she has a SBI salaried account. 3.After i secure job i have started EMI for the same. 4.Bank never inform me about any skip EMI or late EMI. 5.Now my mom need personal loan for my brother marriage but they filed a suit against my education loan account which directly impact my mom account. so her cibil score is very they refuse to grant the personal loan because of this. they never complain about any issue or no notice about it. Any suggestions are highly appreciable what i can do to deal with this situation. Thanks a ton in advance.

Answers (3)

130 votes

Hello dear,
I have studied your matter as per the information you gave, I will advise you to contact to a local lawyer for preparing reply of the Notice and if neccessary take the matter to the arbitration or to the Lok adaalat for early and just disposal of the dispute.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

300 votes

File a S.A against state Bank of India before the Debt Recovery Tribunal in which u comes. Without giving the notice, any action of the bank is illegal and void . Without giving the opportunity of hearing ,if any action taken by the bank is clearcut violation of natural justice .

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
11 years Experience
53 votes

File complaint under Consumer Protection Act before District Consumer Forum citing the entire incident and alleging deficiency of services by the Bank and not following prescribed procedure of Loan Sanction.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles