Can i apply for disability pension in absence of RMB

Took premature retirement in 2004. Injury, attributable to service on duty in apr 1988. Low medical cat till 1996, when upgraded to fit with 19% pmt disability. Even today The disability (deformity of ankles) persists and visible. RMB not held at the time of retirement. Can I apply for DP in absence of RMB

Answers (3)

99 votes

As per the information you had taken premature retirement in 2004, the Medical Board had termed your Injury attributable to service which was occurred on duty in Apr 1988. Since you were in Low Medical Category till 1996 and released with 19% pmt disability, You Can apply for DP in absence of RMB, in case it is mandatory or respondents are desirous of conducting RMB you should be agreed. You should apply without wasting more time. Regards


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

96 votes

Hi, you may definitely apply for the Disability pension citing valid reasons for not holding RMB. The onus of holding RMB is on part of the authority and not on the part of the individual and they would have done it at the time of your retirement. Please be sure that you may have to lead a long battle but the chances of winning the case are more in your favour. Thanks

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
6 years Experience
250 votes

Dear Sir,
Kindly approach a reliable advocate to process your case for getting all benefits which is still not being paid to you sir, You meet some advocates who can take your case to appropriate level and cand file for getting claim in time.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles