One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kolkata - Advocate Shayak Chakraborty

Advocate Shayak Chakraborty

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 3.5 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoLake Road, Kolkata
LawRato11 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Bankruptcy / Insolvency, Breach of Contract, Corporate, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, Media and Entertainment, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate
Language(s) Spoken: Bengali, English, Hindi
Advocate Shayak Chakraborty's practice area mainly focuses in areas including Commercial and Civil Litigation, including Company matters, suits, marital cases, consumer cases before the District Forum and State Commission and is acting as an advocate-on-record for matters on the original side of the Calcutta High Court.

Advocate Shayak has also handled matters relating to Alternative Dispute Resolution including Arbitrations and Mediations. Shayak is a certified mediator with extensive training in mediation. He has actively handled cases pertaining to criminal laws with special emphasis on frauds and economic offences, including complaint cases, FIRs, bail matters, revisions and nuisance cases.

Advocate Shayak enrolled with the Bar Council of West Bengal in 2013. He is a member of the Bar Association of the Calcutta High Court and the Cheif Metropolitan Magistrate Court's Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : F/1695/2013
  • Calcutta High Court
  • City Civil Court, Kolkata
  • Company Law Board Kolkata
  • District Court, Kolkata City Session Court
  • Kolkata Consumer Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Kolkata

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Shayak Chakraborty. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Shayak Chakraborty

Q: I would like to separate with my husband

I have been married for 2 years.From the initial days there has been lack of compatibility.Our priorities in life are different.In every fight I am the one who has to crush my principles and ego and apologize.Moreover I am considered as a nobody since I dont work and earn.Its now becoming unbearable as i dont see any emotion from his side.His attitude is that we should lead our respective lives and not bother each other.

Advocate Shayak Chakraborty answered
As per your situation you have two options that can be persued by you :1) You can opt for a Judicial Separation, for this you can file petition of judicial separation in the respective court with just grounds, these grounds should be as per mentioned in section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act.2) You can opt for getting a Divorce Decree, for this as well you will be required to file a divorce petition in the respective court, as per the grounds mentioned in section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act, for your case you can take up the ground of cruelty which has caused both mental and physical agony to you.The grounds has to be mentioned clearly and has to be proven efficiently by your lawyer. Once the court has been convinced, then a necessary order can be passed in your favour.And if both you and your partner are willing to mutually get separated, then of course things become easier as none will contest the divorce or judicial separation and hence the court would grant either one (which ever you choose to pursue) in more expedient manner.

Q: Want advice for divorce. What are my legal options ?

My husband is not willing to stay with me where he is staying at present and forcing me to stay with my in-laws. He is having extra-marital affairs and he was also involved in domestic violence issues. So I have been living with my parents since 8 months. Now he is not ready to sign divorce papers. What should I do? Please help me.

Advocate Shayak Chakraborty answered
First of all be sure if you want divorce or not. And if you are sure about it then all you need to do is file a divorce petition in court through a lawyer. In this divorce application state all your grounds for seeking divorce. As you have mentioned that you doubt your husband might be having an extra-marital affair and there have also been incidents of torture, these reasons are good enough to seek divorce. Since it will not be a mutual divorce, there will be contest and if the judge is convinced by your submissions, you would be granted divorce.

Q: What to do if court rejects divorce decree

My wife is a SLE patient.Which is not cureable but treatable.After 1 year of our marriage frequently she was ill in mentally.So i beg divorce from court in Hindu marriage act.I have few medical report and prescription of her before our marriage.which is the proof they hide about her disease to us.Need to know,am i get the divorce?At reconsulation we both diney to live with together.Afterall if I rejected to get divorce decree what to do?Because we can not live with each other.And mutually possibility is very low from her.

Advocate Shayak Chakraborty answered
First thing try and talk and discuss this matter with your wife along with other family members/friends who can help you both to decide and apply for a mutual consent divorce, if this is not possible at all then you may go ahead and file a divorce petition through a good lawyer. In the divorce petition it will be required for you to provide and adduce evidences of her disease and give witness if required to make your grounds strong. If the petition filed by you is rejected then you will have an option to appeal.

Q: Shareholders not performing partition or demarcation, what to do

My grandfather's self acquired land property without will,has 5sons,one daughter and one wife.the succession is done from Panchayat and land distribution (not demarcation) in every shareholders name is done from BLRO...also parcha is made.Grandmother gifted her share of land to my mother(youngest daughter in law),which is registerd and parcha obtained in my mother's name.Now my father and mother wants to sell their shares..but other shareholders are not performing the partition deed and demarcation.. How to sell their shares?

Advocate Shayak Chakraborty answered
There is no bar on you from selling your share of the property, as section 7 of the Transfer of Property Act states this fact, being a co-owner of the property you have all the right to transfer your share to another co-owner or an outsider for any consideration. But there will always be a confusion as to the exact share of each co-owner in the absence of partition and therefore partition of the property is always preferred. If the other co-owners are refusing to get the partition done mutually or are obstructing you from selling your share then the only way you have is to file a ''Partition Suit" and then get your property demarcated.

Q: Husband tried rape me after ten days marriage , what can i do?

I got married 10 days before it was a arrange marriage thats why i asked my husband for some time to settle down and to accept him as a husband bt last night he tried to force me for sex and when i apposed him he has bitten me very badly and attemed rape now i dont want to spend a single day with him i want divorce from him i want to know how long it will take to get divorce and i want to fill case against him also what are the charges i can file against him and for how long he will go to presion

Advocate Shayak Chakraborty answered
File a criminal complaint against your husband under section 498A of the IPC. Unfortunately, our laws do not recognize marital rape as an offence, so spousal torture is all that you can charge your husband with at the moment. However, divorce will take some time as Indian law does not allow speedy divorces.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Shayak Chakraborty

Can Advocate Shayak Chakraborty represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Shayak Chakraborty can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Shayak Chakraborty?

When you meet with Advocate Shayak Chakraborty for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Shayak Chakraborty?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Shayak Chakraborty, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Shayak Chakraborty?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Shayak Chakraborty, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Shayak Chakraborty?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Shayak Chakraborty regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Shayak Chakraborty?

The cost of hiring Advocate Shayak Chakraborty can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.