One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kolkata - Advocate Sharmin Zafar

Advocate Sharmin Zafar

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.5 | 25+ user ratings
LawRatoAlipore, Kolkata
LawRato12 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Civil, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, Muslim Law, Property, Wills / Trusts
Language(s) Spoken: Bengali, English, Hindi
Advocate Sharmin Zafar has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Sharmin provides services in various fields of Criminal Matters, Family Matters, Property Matters, Muslim Law Matters, Civil Matters and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Sharmin enrolled with the Bar Council of West Bengal in 2011. She is member of Alipore Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : F/14891027/2011

  • Bankshall Court, Kolkata,
  • Calcutta High Court,
  • City Civil Court, Kolkata,
  • District Court, Alipore,
  • District Court, Barasat,
  • District Court, Kolkata City Session Court

Fill the form to get contact number of Advocate Sharmin Zafar

(Lawyer contact number will be sent to this number)

Popular Reviews

surajit ganguly - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer guided me in deciding what path would be best for me by putting things in perspective.
1 month ago
Sabbir Ahmed - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Very good lawyer
1 month ago
Md Zafar Asif - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Sharmin is an awsum lawyer and a also a very good consultant regarding family problems between husband and wife. She gave sufficient time to explain all legal details and actions. Thanks Sharmin.
1 month ago
Md Tauqueer Anwar - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Advocate Sharmin Zafar's expertise helped me gain insight and look at the legal issue in a new light. My decision was based on the lawyer's sound advice and assistance. The lawyer advised me into taking the correct path.
2 months ago
Sudipan Datta - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
My case was handled by an experienced lawyer. Under Adv.Sharmin Zafar's guidance I was able to understand and resolve my legal issue.
2 months ago
Imran Siddiqui - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
It was to discuss with her about problem and receive the correct solutions.
2 months ago
Suman Saren - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer's understanding of my issue is laudable. I was able to make proper decisions because of the legal advice that was provided by Adv Sharmin Zafar. The lawyer helped me in reaching the right decision that was required in my legal issue.
2 months ago
Rupashree Chaudhuri - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Sharmin provided information about all available options and pros and cons of each. She was patient with my mother who is elderly. Appreciate her time that she spent with us.
2 months ago
M Das - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Adv.Sharmin Zafar proved to be proficient in the legal issues that were concerned with me. My legal issues were resolved after receiving the required legal guidance from the lawyer..My decision was a result of the right advice and guidance that was provided to me by Adv.Sharmin Zafar. I was guided into taking the right path set by Adv.Sharmin Zafar.
2 months ago
Anand - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Quite helpful
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Sharmin Zafar

Q: I am going to sale my land but neighbour is not giving NOC, what to do

I am going to sale a land but neighbour is not giving NOC, what to do ?

Advocate Sharmin Zafar answered
consult a lawyer this is not enough details to advise you have to know more inherited or purchase why you have to take NOC from neighbours you have to tell the details then only you can get advice so is better consult with a lawyer .

Q: Religion and accompanying Name Change

I want to be a Muslim. But I am currently not able to visit a mosque due to my short-term personal situation. Can I change my religion through affidavit only? What are the documents needed to obtain the notarized affidavit and I am an adult of 22 years? Please answer my two questions and all tell me the complete procedure from the beginning to obtain the religion change affidavit.

Advocate Sharmin Zafar answered
please contact me Adv Sharmin Zafar I will help u with the conversion process and plz inform me where u stay search in Lawrato with my name you will get my contact number

Q: Deed Rectification needed, there is a mistake in the deed in our part.

Our property has been divided between my father and my uncle. After registration of the deed, my father willing to give his part to a promoter for construction, and we gave all Xerox papers to the promoter. Promoter starts searching for his construction process and noticed, that our part (my father’s portion) of land having dispute in R.S & L.R plot number. 601 and 602. R.S & L.R plot number 601 is pond & R.S & L.R plot number 602 is land. Total area my father got is 05 katha-13Ch.-09sq.ft In the deed it mention that R.S & L.R plot number 602. the total land is 01katha-5Ch.-07sq.ft & R.S & L.R plot number 601 04 katha-8Ch.-02sq.ft.. BUT It supposed to be R.S & L.R plot number 601 is 01katha-5Ch.-07sq.ft & R.S & L.R plot number 602, 04 katha-8Ch.-02sq.ft. (Block Land & Land Reforms officer have told, by searching the land) Now my Uncle is not willing to rectify the mistake by giving his signature, my question is.. Is my uncle’s signature is necessary to rectify the whole deed?

Advocate Sharmin Zafar answered
if the clause of rectification of deed is menntion I'm the deed then he is bound to do so. but how the division took place by what registration? detail has to be menntion otherwise not possible to advice .

Q: What to do now? Should I divorce her?

we married about 7 yrs ago, we got 4 yrs old child, My wife now love someone (an advocate just started his career in Alipur Court) & she gave me an Ultimatum that she don't wish to live with me, and also want our child forever. Also demanding money for the child. Now my question- 1. what can i do now? 2. I as a biological father I want child custody 3. should i divorce her?

Advocate Sharmin Zafar answered
you did not mention your religion and the child is in whose custody? if u r Muslim then don't divorce her immediately. if you are a Hindu first lodge a complaint before your local police station then ask your wife do an affidavit mentioning her unwillingness to stay with you . appoint a good lawyer before taking a decisions of giving divorce to her. it is not possible to give exact advice to you without knowing the entire fact. please contact me if you want.

Q: Partition of joint property related issue. How can I resolve it?

I am a Hindu subject. My father and one of his brothers each have equal share in a plot of land where my father had been running a sweet shop for over a decade.Father had been paying rent to my uncle for his part of the land. Till now every building reconstruction expenses has been paid by my father.For lockdown the shop was closed,but has not been reopened ever after. Because we can't anymore run the shop paying rent,we hardly get enough profit to nurture our own family of four after paying the rent.I am 20 now and I want to do the sweet shop business in our part of the land excluding his part.we want a partition. But he( my uncle) refuses to do partition.He was said after lockdown to run the business and to pay rent to us, as we could not make enough profit after paying rent, but he did not open the shop . For over 11 months the shop is closed, now we are facing financial struggles.Father and I,we want to do partition of the land so that I can do my own business without paying rent.

Advocate Sharmin Zafar answered
your father s sweet shop is over the entire land ? thatswhy u pay rent to your uncle? you can file a partition suit otherwise there is a way but in both case u have to spend money . as the property is not inherited so there can be a way to it. apart from partition for other way you have to contact me.


Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Sharmin Zafar

Can Advocate Sharmin Zafar represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Sharmin Zafar can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Sharmin Zafar?

When you meet with Advocate Sharmin Zafar for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Sharmin Zafar?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Sharmin Zafar, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Sharmin Zafar?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Sharmin Zafar, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Sharmin Zafar?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Sharmin Zafar regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Sharmin Zafar?

The cost of hiring Advocate Sharmin Zafar can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.