quesHow register brand, if similar name used for another business in US?

I have recently purchased the domain name ,and want to start an ecommerce business with that domain name, my concern is this brand name is not used by any company in similar industry but their is the same name used by US based NGO, whose presence is not their in India, will this create any complications for me to get this name registered in India?

• ansTrademarks are specific to a country unless registered in India through the Madrid Protocol. My recommendation would be to get a trademark search done and if no similar mark is there, file for registration. 

Even if the name is used by a US based NGO, you may still be able to use it in India since it would be for a very different purpose altogether. 

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi