queshow to re-open a dismissed case

Dear Sir/Ma'am, Can a case be restored in case if it has been dismissed(Dismissed on 29/07/2014 due to non-prosecution) and we are the "Plaintiff". Due to certain circumstances didn't attend the dates,neither the advocate took any interest in that. Now as on this year, what would be the procedure to "re-open" the case and what could be our rights?

  • ansYou have to file an application for restoration of the case stating there is a sufficient cause for not appearing before the court.

    First, you have to take out the notice of motion for restoration of the case along with the affidavit giving reasons as to why the delay should be condoned in taking out the restoration application for the case.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Pratap Kumar

 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly