how to re-open a dismissed case
Dear Sir/Ma'am, Can a case be restored in case if it has been dismissed(Dismissed on 29/07/2014 due to non-prosecution) and we are the "Plaintiff". Due to certain circumstances didn't attend the dates,neither the advocate took any interest in that. Now as on this year, what would be the procedure to "re-open" the case and what could be our rights?
You have to file an application for restoration of the case stating there is a sufficient cause for not appearing before the court.
First, you have to take out the notice of motion for restoration of the case along with the affidavit giving reasons as to why the delay should be condoned in taking out the restoration application for the case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want Divorce from husband due to his impotency
- Can i get permanent job in LIC after SC judgment
- Fight happened in college but no complaint registered what can happen
- Land encroached by neighbours
- Can I get visitation rights before child custody is granted