×

queshow to re-open a dismissed case

Dear Sir/Ma'am, Can a case be restored in case if it has been dismissed(Dismissed on 29/07/2014 due to non-prosecution) and we are the "Plaintiff". Due to certain circumstances didn't attend the dates,neither the advocate took any interest in that. Now as on this year, what would be the procedure to "re-open" the case and what could be our rights?

• ansYou have to file an application for restoration of the case stating there is a sufficient cause for not appearing before the court.

First, you have to take out the notice of motion for restoration of the case along with the affidavit giving reasons as to why the delay should be condoned in taking out the restoration application for the case.