queswife has filed dowry case in india and i am in usa

sir i m reside in usa after marriage i went their on tourist visa after spending 7-8 years i hv 2 kids but after some years on small issues my wife started fighting with me and then she came back to india and now she has filed dowery case and harrasment case against me nd my parents . so pls suggest what to do i m still in usa . i tried to contact her but she didnt. what r legal consequences and what can i do now from there. pls help me . how she can harm me and my parents they have nothing to do with her as she lived with them only 5,6 days after marriage pls suggest me solution frm usa

  • ansMy suggestion is that you should follow the court instructions and contest the divorce petition, in case you are also interested in divorce can apply for mutual divorce petition but in that case she will demand huge amount of alimony as you are in USA and are on a good job.
    In case you are not able to come over to contest then you can instruct your lawyer to appear and appraise the court about your condition.
    As per Hon'ble Supreme Courts' judgment passed in last July, your aged parents and married sister living separately can not be taken into custody without proper investigation.
    But as you are aware that law favours woman in India but still the judgments are coming in favour of husbands as well due to changing situations.
    My advice is that you should consult your advocate and give all the details to have a proper opinion.

    Advocate Upma Shrivastava

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansHi,
    After going through the background of your case, it is quite evident that your wife wants to harass you someway or the other and it is quite possible she can initiate other legal proceedings against you. You can hire a legal representative who can represent you here and seek exenption from your personal appearance.

    Advocate Richa Relhan

      Commonwealth Games Village, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi I am Hindu Maratha and married a girl in year 2010, which was a…

Both me and my husband are earning well.we work in two different cities.he keeps pestering…

Hello, Me and my husband from mumbai have signed mutual consent divorce 6 months ago.…

Dear Team, Greetings! I got married in year 2009 and lived together for 1 yr…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly