wife has filed dowry case in india and i am in usa
sir i m reside in usa after marriage i went their on tourist visa after spending 7-8 years i hv 2 kids but after some years on small issues my wife started fighting with me and then she came back to india and now she has filed dowery case and harrasment case against me nd my parents . so pls suggest what to do i m still in usa . i tried to contact her but she didnt. what r legal consequences and what can i do now from there. pls help me . how she can harm me and my parents they have nothing to do with her as she lived with them only 5,6 days after marriage pls suggest me solution frm usa
My suggestion is that you should follow the court instructions and contest the divorce petition, in case you are also interested in divorce can apply for mutual divorce petition but in that case she will demand huge amount of alimony as you are in USA and are on a good job.
In case you are not able to come over to contest then you can instruct your lawyer to appear and appraise the court about your condition.
As per Hon'ble Supreme Courts' judgment passed in last July, your aged parents and married sister living separately can not be taken into custody without proper investigation.
But as you are aware that law favours woman in India but still the judgments are coming in favour of husbands as well due to changing situations.
My advice is that you should consult your advocate and give all the details to have a proper opinion.
Advocate Upma ShrivastavaSupreme Court of India, Delhi
After going through the background of your case, it is quite evident that your wife wants to harass you someway or the other and it is quite possible she can initiate other legal proceedings against you. You can hire a legal representative who can represent you here and seek exenption from your personal appearance.
Advocate Richa RelhanCommonwealth Games Village, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Aunt denying proper road to enter and exit of our property
- What is the procedure for court marriage
- Fake FIR on brother's name what can be done
- How to proceed with divorce if couple living in different cities
- Am I liable to pay compensation if I resign without notice