×

quesProperty right and share

I have bought a flat for 27 lakhs of which my ex-wife invested 1 lakh ruppee. I took 17 lakh loan and paid 8 lakh interest over a period of four years and the remaining amount is still around 17 lakh. I sold the flat for 30 lakhs, shes a co-owner. How much sall I pay to her after paying bank dues. What is the legal criteria to decide the amount. Please enlighten

• ansshe is co-owner for the amount she has paid as her share i.e. One lakh rupees from the actual and original and full amount.

Therefore, on selling the flat, whatever amount you are getting as the final and full price, from that amount you will have to calculate as per her share and give her that amount.

Hope this helps !

• ansNeed more details of your transaction. Whether index two mentions u both as owner, in sale deed what were the agreed terms about ratio , need to see all the paper's then will b able to give the legal advice.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansApart ftom rs.1.00 lakh contribution if ur wife has not paid anything else u can return the amount which she has invested only and if she doesn't agree u can seek declaration from court.

Advocate Radhika Pachpor

Erandwane, Pune