Property right and share

I have bought a flat for 27 lakhs of which my ex-wife invested 1 lakh ruppee. I took 17 lakh loan and paid 8 lakh interest over a period of four years and the remaining amount is still around 17 lakh. I sold the flat for 30 lakhs, shes a co-owner. How much sall I pay to her after paying bank dues. What is the legal criteria to decide the amount. Please enlighten

Answers (3)

190 votes

Apart ftom rs.1.00 lakh contribution if ur wife has not paid anything else u can return the amount which she has invested only and if she doesn't agree u can seek declaration from court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

303 votes

Need more details of your transaction. Whether index two mentions u both as owner, in sale deed what were the agreed terms about ratio , need to see all the paper's then will b able to give the legal advice.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
188 votes

she is co-owner for the amount she has paid as her share i.e. One lakh rupees from the actual and original and full amount.

Therefore, on selling the flat, whatever amount you are getting as the final and full price, from that amount you will have to calculate as per her share and give her that amount.

Hope this helps !

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles