quesOpinion in alimony and 498A case. Wife is well educated. What alimony?

The girl flied for alimony. She is highly educated Was employed before marriage. After marriage and till filing for alimony she had no income, .but 1) the records produced by her in FC show she was gainfully employed and gud income 2) She fudged the records produced in FC . She also lodged a 498A .which prima facie appear of no substance . What are the options open for the defendant in FC for her tampering with the records presented and making a false statement of no income, even when the case is under hearing. Similarly in the 498A case, what options even case has not come for hearing>?

  • ansSir,
    If the spouse is earning and that to more than you, she is not entitle to calim the same as per judgment of Delhi High court 1991.But You have to prove the same showing her income in court by issuing summons to her Employer.
    As far as 498 case u can challenge the same as per recent judgment of supreme court if your case fall within guidelines .

    Advocate Pramod Kale

      District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansYou can quash the case under s. 482 crpc. Please refer to landmark judgment of Arnesh Kumar v. State of Bihar.
    For filing a false case against you In 498A, you can file a application for malicious prosecution to the magistrate; once you win the case on merit.
    She is not entitled for maintenance as she is a working lady. For tampering with records as I understand that she has forged documents, you can initiate criminal proceeding against her.

    Advocate Feroz A Shaikh

      Kurla West, Mumbai

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hindu marriage. Cant alimony be demanded from husband if the wife is working? What would…
Hi Sir My wife filed a divorce case in the year 2013. The judgement was…
Hello Dear legal experts,greetings of the day!  I got married on 26/03/2016,with unmarried girl 34…

Sir meri marig 18feb2014 ko hui meri wife ko psycho prob h jo k mere…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly