Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Wife files case u/s 498a against husband & living separate for 3 years

what are the chances of my wife winning, if she files a dv or 498 case against me after having left my house for 3 years.

Answers (3)

There are very less chance for her to win but still its depends upon the facts of the case and evidence she produce before court ... and skill of your advocate ..this is only advice i can give to you thanks

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Even if your wife left your house for more than 3 years than also she is eligible to file different cases against you as her right is still there and also she is eligible for maintenance also with rega

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience

you can file petition under secretion 9 of Hindu Marriage Act before the court of District Judge or before family court for the restitution of conjugal rights or you can file a case for divorce before the Court

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Dear Sir, A 498A case was filed against me on Oct 2016 and I find myself to be clueless and need the right guidance and advise. Please help. Thanks…

Read More

The lower court has rejected the anticipatory bail application in a 498 A matter. Parents let off. Order not uploaded online yet. Hence grounds for de…

Read More

I am a student and live with my mom. I had lost my father in July 2017. My brother is married in May 2011 with my close relative daughter and her sist…

Read More

After mutual consent divorce 13b, in squashing of 498a does groom required to be present in high court, or it can be done with out him…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue