quesDivorce pending husband transferred property from my name to mother

My divorce case is going on in the UK. I am still an Indian citizen with PR in UK. My husband recently got British citizenship. We have 12 years child who is also Indian. We were married 14 years ago. We are Hindu. My husband has invested all the matrimonial money in India in his parents name. The court here says that it cannot make him get that money to the UK though they know he has cheated me and has done this to frustrate my case. He has transferred 100s of thousand of pounds to India. I am left with nothing and cannot afford to make a living here if he leaves the UK. He has recently transferred a huge property originally in his name to his mother. Will this transfer stand legal? as it was built after marriage though site was purchased before marriage. He had done it without my knowledge and this was built with some of my money included. Will the Indian court be able to act if the UK court passes any judgement? Can I file a case against him in India also?

  • ansDear madam ,
    Your case of not only jurisdiction matter but involve international borders and I think before it gets late you can take step that can help you get your motive ,their is not always straight road , better contact us : OFC : Adv Pankaj Kumar b& associate

    Advocate Pankaj Kumar

      kaggadasapura, Bangalore

  • ansGood evening : if the Uk court passes any judgment it is legally valid and the said Judgment can be executed in India through a power of attorney holder and yes the Judgment has to be produced and a person in whom you have faith and trust can act as power of attorney holder, further the thing that he has transferred his property in his mother's name can be brought to the notice of the court and that it is done with an intention to see that you do not get anything. If you have the Judgment then that he is required to pay something and the property is in India then yes the law in India can help you recover the same.

    Advocate Bharat Narasgouda

      Shivaji Road, Belgaum

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I got married in April 2014. My husband’s behavior was very strange from the very…

Good Evening sir weather an practice advocate can sign as witness in divorce settlement agreement…
1.irretrievable breakdown of marriage law Pros & cons for men ( in null marriage) 2.…
HI, I am in US since last year and half. My wife denied to come…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly