How to transfer the case from one court to another

I want to transfer my case from ghaziabad to delhi. my husband has filed the divorce case, and in between we met and went for vacation and got pregnant and have baby girl now, last two date he is saying he is taking back his case but he didnt take back now i want to transfer this divorce case from ghaziabad to delhi where my all other cases are in action like mainatanance, DV, and 498a and 407 and 34. is it possible to transfer that divorce case to my region, if yes than please tell me the cost. 

Answers (5)

140 votes

you can certainly transfer your case. only supreme court has jurisdiction do so. a transfer petition is required to file in supreme court. however since during the pendency of cases you cohabitated a possibility of settlement can not denied. till the time both the parties come to common ground it is advisible to follow on cases and file transfer petition. the expenses for the same would be nominal. request you to meet and discuss the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

201 votes

Yes you can file a transfer petition in the Supreme court of India, to transfer the jurisdiction by giving the court a satisfactory reply as to why the case should be transferred. Based upon your pleadings the case can be transferred.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
255 votes

Yes you can transfer but before that we need to know whole facts of your case so we can help you better. Kindly provide your whole facts ........

On the basis of some facts given by yoh we can not advise you fully. So give us full details.

138 votes

Dear client
..................................................................................... transfer of case from one state to another state comes under the jurisdiction of the honble supreme court

321 votes

Yes you can transfer your case from ghaziabad to delhi after filling transfer petition in the supreme court under the relevant laws. You can file it as and wen you want to do so but you need to prove the reason

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles