quesWhat are the consequences of driving drunk if caught by police?

My driving license was confiscated by the police for driving drunk. As told by the police I have to appear in court no. 16 of the Patiala Court after 15 days.

I wanted to know, what are the consequences of driving drunk? My alcohol level was 79% whereas permissible limit as informed by police is 38%.

This is my first drunken driving offence. Will my license be cancelled?

• ansAs police asked you to appear in court, we would advise you to appear in court on the said date.

Generally, first time offenders are let of with a warning and fine. So need to worry about license being cancelled.

Repeated offenders get there driving license cancelled alongside fine and imprisonment.