What are the consequences of driving drunk if caught by police?
My driving license was confiscated by the police for driving drunk. As told by the police I have to appear in court no. 16 of the Patiala Court after 15 days.
I wanted to know, what are the consequences of driving drunk? My alcohol level was 79% whereas permissible limit as informed by police is 38%.
This is my first drunken driving offence. Will my license be cancelled?
As police asked you to appear in court, we would advise you to appear in court on the said date.
Generally, first time offenders are let of with a warning and fine. So need to worry about license being cancelled.
Repeated offenders get there driving license cancelled alongside fine and imprisonment.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother influencing parents to transfer all the property in his name
- Wife filed case and asking dowry without signing on mutual divorce
- How to appeal against Death Penalty
- AWL on TDC - Left duty under extremely stressful situation at home
- Pregnancy from my son and divorce from my abusive husband