What are the consequences of driving drunk if caught by police?
My driving license was confiscated by the police for driving drunk. As told by the police I have to appear in court no. 16 of the Patiala Court after 15 days.
I wanted to know, what are the consequences of driving drunk? My alcohol level was 79% whereas permissible limit as informed by police is 38%.
This is my first drunken driving offence. Will my license be cancelled?
As police asked you to appear in court, we would advise you to appear in court on the said date.
Generally, first time offenders are let of with a warning and fine. So need to worry about license being cancelled.
Repeated offenders get there driving license cancelled alongside fine and imprisonment.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Son in law wants divorce with his wife what can I do
- Clarification on place of filing case regarding child custody
- How to file complaint against a person who is threatening to kill me
- Buying an under construction flat
- Invested in a company turn out to be fraud what legal options I have